Guidelines upon equipments Lending Service
|Everyone who wishes to borrow PC equipments (including laptop computer, AC adaptor, power cable, guidelines upon lending service) MUST read the following instructions and abide by the rules.|
|The lending service is for students, faculty members and staffs of Keio University, and is limited to one set per person at a time. The borrowing and returning time is conform to the open hours of CNS consultant booth.
CNS consultant do not offer services on Saturdays, Sundays, holidays and long-term closure.
< Cautions upon borrowing >
|* A lending to faculty member or staff is treated the same way as for students.
* The due for return is generally until the day after lending date. However, if the following day is closure because of the holiday, the due for return will be the lending date.
* Borrowers are requested to return the equipments by the appointed date and time without fail.
* If the equipments are not returned by the appointed date and time, borrower is penalized by CNS consultant at certain degree. See Penal Regulations for more details.
* When the returning of the equipments is delayed for a week or more, CNS/ERNS account may be stopped for three months or less by the judgement of the ITC director.
* Reservation of the equipments cannot be made.
* The borrower must take the borrowing/returning procedure at CNS consultant booth by him/herself. It is prohibited for borrower to lend it to anyone else.
* Any equipment cannot be carried out of SFC.
* Please present your studentID card (or ID cards for faculty member and staff) upon borrowing and returning of the equipments.
* During the borrowing/returning procedure, please standby and witness while CNS consultant checks the abnormalities by taking the equipments out of the PC case and verifies them.
* When a CNS consultant is not available at the booth, borrowing/returning procedures cannot be taken. Please wait until CNS consultant returns.
* Please fill out a new form again even if you wish to borrow the equipments after returning. Different equipments will be lent out.
* When the equipments has been damaged or lost, please come to CNS consultant booth immediately.
* When the equipments is damaged or lost, we will ask for the reparation of the corresponding part or accessory at once. If the damaged equipment is already stopped manufacturing, we ask for its succeeding model instead.
* Personal information written on this sheet and read from your ID card is used only for the purpose of offering services by CNS consultant and ITC.
< Usage of the Equipments >
|* Please carry the equipments within the case.
* Do not leave the equipments anywhere hot or humid.
* Do not use the equipments while eating or drinking.
* Please handle equipments including the accessories with care.
* Do not illegally copy the installed software in this PC.
* All data is deleted and cleaned immediately you return. All necessary data should be backed up by the borrower beforehand.
* Although we take good care of all the software installed in this PC, we are not responsible for the damages to your data under unexpected circumstances (such as infection to computer viruses).
* We shall not be responsible for the damages to your data due to hardware problems.
< Standards for acknowledgement of the damage >
|A member of the CNS consultant and/or ITC staff will make the judgement on the damages.
* When there is a scratch or stain that will obviously cause inconvenience in the usage of the equipments.
* When there is a chip or crack in the PC or accessories.
* When the PC does not operate correctly.
Anything that can be judged as a damage coming from decrepitude will not be judged as damage.
< Penal Regulations >
|The lending service is prohibited for half a year, when you fall under the followings:
* Fail to return the equipments at appointed date and time.
* Carried the equipments out of the campus.
* Lend the equipments to anyone else
* Lost any equipment.
* Leave the equipments in the campus.
* When CNS consultant or ITC staff considered inappropriate.
However, when the equipments are returned one day after the appointed date, lending service is prohibited for a month.